Guild Ascension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A list of usefull addons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Earthen

Earthen

A list of usefull addons Empty
PostSubject: A list of usefull addons   A list of usefull addons EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Following the links will also give more detailed information about them.
If you now some more of interest please say. I haven't tested some addons, on those i guided on what their funcionalitys were. I will update latter on.

Necessary Add-ons for Raiding:

- Deadly Boss Mods - A must-have addon that shows the cooldown of boss abilities in timer bars, the time elft until enrage, gives warning when certain abilitys are used, etc.
Download here
+
- LibDataBroker - You can configure the addon with this plugin.
Download here

OR

- BigWigs Bossmods - A very popular boss mods aswell. Contains some unique features over DBM but does not however possess the Feugen and Stalagg healthbars for example. Can be configurated.
Download here

- Ventrillo - It's not actually a addon but a independent program. It alows voice-chatting durring raids with a high audio quality. In a raid every seconds count and typing is way too slow, making it essencial.
Download here
Note: Download the Client that fits your computer characteristics.

Highly-advised addons:

- Healbot - A wonderful addon for any healer. With it you can view every raid's health, cast spells on them just by clicking those bars (left, middle and right clicks; whatever you set it up to) even when not selecting the target, dispelling using another mouse click or a keyboard/mouse combo (Alt/Ctrl/Shift + Left/Right/Middle mouse click), casting protecting spells, buffing, etc... I would not consider it a necessary addon as you can work without it. Althrough it saves you precious time and highly boosts your performance as healer.
Download here

- PallyPower - A specific addon for paladins. Its a buffing addon saving plenty of time. The raid leader or assistant can also use it, even if not a paladin, to control the assigning of buffs of the several paladin on the raid. Plus it shows the buffs duraction in a short window.
Download here

- A Threat-meter (chosse one):
- Recount + RecountThreat: The popular damage and healing metear with its plugin. I find a advantage on using this over omen as I always have recount to count the damage done and as this plug-in shares the same window its pretty nice. Saves screen space ^^. But... only shows threat durring the battle and only of the select mob.
Recount: Download here
RecountThreat: Download here

- Omen Threat Meter - The most used threat meter mostly cause of its old versions where you could export data and see threat on all mobs. Blizzard, however, screwed that so in the recent version it only shows the threat in battle and of the mobs being selected by the raid members. Lets say the raid is attacking a group of 15 mobs and only 3 are being selected. This means it will only show the threat on those 3 mobs and not of the other 12, of which some could be the ones affected by your AoE attack. This is Blizzard's fault (no, its Craggles's fault in first place) as they changed some files with 3.0.2. It does allow better performance and exact data but at the cost of slow threat updating and the limitation to the selected targets.
Download here

Omen is better but if screen space is really limited then go for recount. If you increase the game resoluction it will give more space but in slow pcs and my old one it will significly reduce performance.

Opcional Addons:

-Unitframes:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Probably the best unitframes and raidframes addon.

OR

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- A actionbar addon:

- Dominos - The vantage of a actionbar addon is that you can have up to 10 action bars (not only the 4 of blizzard), you can easly set up key combos for those skills, you can place them as you want (bars can be horizontal or vertical, be long or short, large or straight...) and where you want, etc... However a desaventage of the addon is that if you go back to the Blizzard's bars, the skills will all be messed up as you changed their location with the addon. Pretty nice and semmes easy to use when you get the hang of it. I personaly love it. Note that actionbars addons may take signifitent space on screen so in a low resoluction and together with other addons you may get low visibilaty.
Download here

- Bartender4 - Also a very nice actionbar addon.
Download here

- A CD (cooldown) addon:

- Best is OmniCC which shows timers over the skills, changing color as it gets close to be available to use. It also adapts perfectly to most actionbar addons, including the 2 stated above.
Download here

Abilitys and procs:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Its a really awsome addon. Shows timer in spells, how much you will heal or if some other heal is cast in the target and the amount..etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Procs warnings for druids, hunters, mages, rougues, warlocks and warriors. A nice plug-in for the above.

- Scorchio! 2 - Is a very useful mage addon as it gives warning when certain abilities as Hot Streak or Brain Freeze proc and shows timers for LB, Scorch and Winter's chill debuffs, Slow, Polymorph, etc. I'm ao gona use it as i'm giving up my 5-stack scorch glyph for the Living Bomb one (I cast scorch 5 times at start and need to hold it trough the fight: not easy but worth the Living Bomb glyph huge DPS increase).
Download here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Attack Rotation (limited to certain classes)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Divine shield and beacon reminder for palas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - same as above but also your judgement of the pure and to all raid.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Balance druid's ability and proc reminder (like scorchio for mages).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - LB, Scorch, Hot Streak proc, etc.Its a plug-in to Quartz.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Shows spell icon on middle of screen when CD (cooldown) ends.

Chat:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Very nice chat addon.You can copy sections of the chat, adds timestamps, etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Guild2guild chat, comming in use for guild alliances.

Spam Blockers:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - This & plugins. Spam report and filter.

Achivements:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Achivements complete list, help on gaining, etc.

Loot/Raid manegemnt:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Lootmaster, making loot distribution faster and fair. (All raiders are adviced to have it: mostly for EPGP system).
Back to top Go down

A list of usefull addons
Page 1 of 1